Sunday, March 4, 2007

The begining....

I got the idea to start thischristianguy (tcg) during the evening service this Sunday. The reason for it was as a way to put out some of the ideas that I have been ruminating and struggling with.

I can't say I have all the answers and that they will be here on this blog. But I do know Jesus and that he does have the answers. All we have to do is get to know him and listen to him and follow his lead.

I have other blogs out there. They are for secular ideas and stories I like to tell. I want to be a story-teller. I have the imagination and the desire to do this but I need the outlet to become a better story-teller. Those blogs are that outlet.

This blog as I wrote before is for my thoughts and struggles with understanding my relationship with the God of Creation. Its a personal thing but I think its something everyone has to deal with. Even if you don't believe in God you are struggling with that unbelief cause He believes in you.

I've always wanted to put that on a T-Shirt.
Atheist : A person God believes exists.
This is mainly for shock value. I have other T-Shirt ideas like, Cricketers for Christ and Geeks for God. But their is more to the Atheist T-Shirt that I'll go into some detail right now.

I am a comic person, I read Batman and Spider-man have done for years. Now in those comics often there is a time paradox that often occurs and because a certain event did not happen some characters no longer exist or they are different. Another example of this is the first Back to the Future movie. If Marty McFly's parents don't kiss at the enchantment under the sea dance Marty and his brother and sister will cease to exist.

Now I can hear those of you who are not time paradox thinkers saying. "What is this guy getting at? First he was talking about God and Atheists and now he's mentioning Micheal J. Fox."

The link between time paradox and characters not coming into existence is this. In my understanding of the T-Shirt slogan "Atheist : A person God believes exists." If God didn't believe that the Atheist existed he would quite literally cease to exist.

Fortunately for all Atheists that's not how God works. God has given us all time too make our minds up whether we acknowledge His Son Jesus as the one and only savior of all, or decide for something else.

And that amazes me. If I was God I'd be out there getting in the face of all the Atheists and unbelievers. Hi! I'm God. You don't believe in me so I wont believe in YOU!. -Poof- they all vanish. My God isn't like that. He's the omnipotent God. All that we see in this reality is His creation. Yet in the middle of it there are those who He created who refuse to acknowledge him. Its gotta hurt like a stomach ulcer or worse like gall stones. God still loves these people who don't give Him the credit that is due. Thats why they are still alive, because we are all given the chance to make it right accept we are wrong that we have sinned and accept His Son Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.

I hope you either have made this decision or at least are thinking about it.

Blessings in abundance.

thischristianguy.

No comments: